The Shore Group Ltd Occupational Health and Safety Policy Statement
The Shore Group (TSG) was established in 2008 with the objective of delivering a tailored service to clients and candidates, built on the Founders’ extensive experience of developing client relationships, and placing temporary, contract and permanent staff. We now employ 100 staff in distinct operational divisions with a clear management structure, and resource over 20,000 client requirements each year within a range of sectors, including M&E, Construction, Engineering, Telecoms, GLAA, Security and Aviation.
We are committed to occupational, health and safety, the reduction of risk, accidents and ill health, so far as is reasonably practicable, and to the promotion of a safe working environment. This policy is integral to operational management and is supported by the provision of competent occupational, health and safety advice.
We undertake to discharge our statutory duties by:
- complying with our company’s OHS legal and other requirements
- providing safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work-related illness and injury which are appropriate to the nature of OH&S risk to which workers and others are exposed
- working towards the elimination of OHSE hazards associated to operations and reduction of OH&S risks
- consulting and including the participation of workers, and where they exist, workers’ representatives in the definition of the OHSE management system
- providing safe and healthy working conditions
- establishing, providing and maintaining safe methods of work and equipment
- recruiting and appointing personnel who have the ability, skills and competence to commensurate with their role and level of responsibility
- ensuring tasks given to employees are within their skills, knowledge and ability to perform
- ensuring technical competence is maintained through the provision of refresher training as appropriate
- promoting awareness of health and safety and good practice through the effective communication of relevant information
- ensuring sufficient funds and resources to comply with this policy
All employees are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own works, so far as is reasonably practicable, are carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment. This includes co-operating with Management on any health, safety or welfare related matter.
This policy is available to all employees and to other interested parties on our website – www.theshoregroup.co.uk
This policy is reviewed annually to monitor its effectiveness and to ensure that it reflects changing needs and circumstances. This policy has immediate effect and replaces all previous versions.